Last, I also created a personal project, Project Pit Stop, which is the culmination of four years of graduate research on the enhancement reclamation of aggregate mines and time working in the industry,. Enhancement reclamation is defined as the actualization of quarry or sand and gravel pits' secondary beneficial use potential, achieved through reclamation or restoration. Projects currently underway include the creation of:
- the world's first database of enhancement reclamation projects;
- an extensive database of research and resources on aggregate mining, reclamation, and restoration;
- a community forum to provide connection and networking opportunities among other aggregate/enhancement reclamation junkies worldwide; and
- education and outreach materials for the industry to showcase the economic and social value of aggregates and their enhancement reclamation potential; and
- an interactive social engagement project utilizing social media to promote and recognize enhancement reclamation.